Friday, May 21, 2010

It's Friday!

Finally! :D. I haven't really talked much about my week itself, but this week's been a long one. It just seemed to drag on. I couldn't really focus in classes all week...even on my days off (Tuesdays and Thursdays)... Anyways. xD. I stumbled upon this when i turned on my laptop:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/the-top-10-most-iconic-dresses-of-the-past-50-years-1473499/#photoViewer=10

Interesting choices for best dresses ever xD.

I agree with Audrey Hepburn form-fitting black gown, Marilyn Monroe's slinky champagne dress, Jennifer Lopez's barely-there plunging neckline Versace gown, and possibly Madonna "Like a Virgin" wedding dress or Gwenyth Paltrow's pink princess dress, but some of them didn't seem particularly iconic to me. I was surprised that they didn't post Marilyn Monroe's famous over-the-vent white empire dress, Twiggy's famous babydoll looks, or Jackie O's vintage one shoulder Oscar de La Renta dress (i'm pretty sure j.lo wore a similar one a few years ago...). Or Halle Berry's famous flower embroidered dress (which strategically covers her bust).

Photobucket
- Even though i'd never wear this dress, J.Lo definitely made fashion history. And still wows us with her amazingness. I mean, wow, she not only showed us so much skin, she was elegant as well. And lucky that she didn't have a little nip-slip accident xD. (Thank you, double-sided tape!)

Photobucket
- Twiggy may be ridiculously skinny, but she's a living legend. Gorgeous.

Photobucket
- Marilyn Monroe's famous tease dress :3. She pushes down her skirt with such grace, elegance, and sexiness.

Photobucket
- This dress is amazing. One of the best Oscar (correct me if i'm wrong...?) dresses of all time. It mixes romance with sexiness. And if i'm not mistaken, she sobbed on stage wearing this dress as she graciously accepted an award....

And...i rarely go on fashion websites (very time consuming, however, i should do my homework xD) i stumbled upon this site as i was googling pictures to include in today's post xD..

http://sidewalkisarunway.com/

Already, the site's title appeals to me. Hell yes, the sidewalk is a freaking runway! :]]]].

A site (which i've been a longtime fan of) that is helpful in terms of fashion is http://nymag.com. This site gives you access to the latest fashion trends (among other things hip and happening in New York) and the major designers' recent runway collections, among other things, of course.
Another one is http://lookbook.nu (which i am a part of!). It's very inspirational and helps me concoct new looks for myself with the help of visual aids (other people's looks). Plus it helps me quench my daily thirst for fashion :3!

Here's my lookbook: http://lookbook.nu/user/64268-Mai-anh-T
-i don't have that many hypes yet (yeah it's a big popularity contest) but i intend to. Eventually xD.

I also have a deviantart account, which i post most (if not all) of my photoshoot pictures (since i model for fun).

http://jumpin-jennifers.deviantart.com/

So hit me up on any of those sites :]].

I'll post more later about my week xD. Time to retrieve my laundry out of the washer and to go fetch dinner.

<3
jEn

No comments:

Post a Comment